14 Aug Nova Scotia Accessibility Advisory Board
The Nova Scotia Accessibility Advisory Board is recruiting new Board members for three-year terms starting in February 2021. There are also two current vacancies.
Serving on the Accessibility Advisory Board is a wonderful opportunity to work with other accessibility advocates and provide advice to the Minister of Justice and to the Government of Nova Scotia on issues related to accessibility.
The majority of members on the Accessibility Advisory Board must be persons with disabilities. Board members should also have one or more of the following:
- Experience in Senior Leadership positions and board experience;
- Experience in: Public Sector Policy and Administration; Finance; Communications; HR; Legal Services; Stakeholder Engagement;
- Active supporters/champions of issues of importance within the disability community; and
- Knowledge/awareness and commitment to accessibility and addressing impacts of barriers for persons with disabilities.
- Experience with, or a willingness to learn about, working with diverse communities and vulnerable populations.
Applications from persons from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds are highly encouraged and welcome.
The deadline for applications is September 15, 2020.
For more information on the Accessibility Advisory Board go to: https://novascotia.ca/accessibility/advisory-board/
To apply to the Accessibility Advisory Board go to:https://novascotia.ca/exec_council/abc/
If you cannot submit an application online, or if you have any questions about the application process, contact the Executive Council Office for help.
Phone: 902-424-4877 or toll-free 1-866-206-6844